I've always been a healthy person, not had much to complain about other than the occasional broken bone...well and the time my body seemed to go to pot in answer I believe to my prayer to the Lord "to humble me". Be careful what you pray for. He does answer prayer. My hair was accidentally dyed orange (by a professional!), my face had an allergic reaction to Pond's moisturizing night cream and not only swelled to the size of a pumpkin but my skin became hard like a pumpkin shell. That's not all...I had a broken wrist, my face broke out terribly, and I had just gotten braces. These things all happened in a matter of weeks of each other. Thanks, Lord. I'm humble now.
But that is not what I am writing about today. No, I was just reminiscing to a time when my body had seen its worst, but recently I have developed a new battle. An enemy is living in my eye....An ugly, yellow, morphing blob is taking over my right eye. The spot has been there for years but just recently has started to develop a lump that is now protruding. Me, being the optimist and thinking it would dissolve or go away on its own, decided not to take any time off of work but schedule an appointment with the optimologist for after the school year's end.
But now weeks later, with the little guy expanding his territory and the repetitive question posed from grimicing faces, "What is wrong with your eye?" have led me to think that was a mistake. I too am becoming a little curious as to what is going on in there. If I can't get it lazered off, is eye removal going to be a recommendation? Mmmm...there's a depressing thought..Glass eyes are pretty real looking these days though or I could always just find a pretty ivory patch to match my wedding dress. Ok, so that is taking it a bit far, but I will feel better after this whole thing is figured out.
By the way, if you see me, it IS ok to stare and ask about it. In spite of what I have said here, I'm not that paranoid about it yet. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment