Friday, December 04, 2009

Operation Christmas Child


Last night, I was up much later than I usually am these days all due to an evening that I didn't want to see end. I joined some women from my MOPS group to volunteer at the Eden Prairie Operation Christmas Child warehouse for a few hours last night, and I was amazed. I will definitely be helping out again and can't wait to get my whole family invloved. The ministry truly is what is described as "true religion" (stated in James 1:27) in helping out those in need (orphans). The boxes that I sorted through were filled with such creative, fun and practical items that many of these kids would never get to experience otherwise. I just wish I could be on the other end of the process in delivering these boxes to witness firsthand how thrilled and thankful the children are to receive these gifts. If you've never had the chance to help out in the warehouse or even fill a shoebox, I highly recommend it!

1 comment:

The Little Miss said...

Hi,
Im new to your blog and thought I would leave a comment!!! I have enjoyed reading your blog posts !!! Keep up the great work!xo

Priscila
'trendy finds for mom and baby
www.littlemissheirlooms.blogspot.com