
I know that I am seeming to be a lifeless TV watcher these days as this is my second post about the show American Idol, but that's the way things are when it's cold snowy, and rainy in Minnesota.
:) smile
I don't know how many of you caught last night's episode, but it was a shocker for me not only for the fact that a truly talented and likable candidate was voted off (Michael Johns) while some lesser talented singers remain, but for the fact that the entire group opened the night's show in singing the worship song, "Shout to the Lord." Yeah.... "My Jesus, My comfort...." You know the lyrics and they sang the whole song....
Mike and I just sat with our mouths hanging open, wondering, "Do they have any idea of whom they are singing?" The song is a powerful one, talking about the mountains bowing down and seas roaring at the sound of HIS name. They all sang it cheerfully, soulfully, some almost looked for moments as thought they were truly worshiping, but then they started walking through the crowd and trying to entertain....So, I am curious as to why this song was chosen to be sung for millions of viewers. And more importantly, I wonder if God was glorified at all through it.
:) smile
I don't know how many of you caught last night's episode, but it was a shocker for me not only for the fact that a truly talented and likable candidate was voted off (Michael Johns) while some lesser talented singers remain, but for the fact that the entire group opened the night's show in singing the worship song, "Shout to the Lord." Yeah.... "My Jesus, My comfort...." You know the lyrics and they sang the whole song....
Mike and I just sat with our mouths hanging open, wondering, "Do they have any idea of whom they are singing?" The song is a powerful one, talking about the mountains bowing down and seas roaring at the sound of HIS name. They all sang it cheerfully, soulfully, some almost looked for moments as thought they were truly worshiping, but then they started walking through the crowd and trying to entertain....So, I am curious as to why this song was chosen to be sung for millions of viewers. And more importantly, I wonder if God was glorified at all through it.
4 comments:
Hey Jess! Donovan and I also watched in shock and awe at that song being sung on American Idol (poor readers on my blog!--I've got 3 or 4 posts about AI) Anyways, if you go to you tube you can find some clips of Jason Castro singing at a church in Texas-he may of had a clue of who they were singing about!!!
HI Jessica, I came across your blog through Becky H. and saw that you had posted about AI which I love. We too sat with mouths gaping open as they sang Shout to the Lord...not once, but TWICE! We were unsure of WHY they would choose to sing such a song...and some of them looked less than pleased tobe singning it at all...wonder what God thought about that....:) I love your background by the way! Thanks for letting me spout on your space!
Wow - crazy! Didn't know about that (I'd love to be an AI watcher...but alas am not). Would have been amazed by that song selection though!
Wow - crazy! Didn't know about that (I'd love to be an AI watcher...but alas am not). Would have been amazed by that song selection though!
Post a Comment