Yesterday I had one of those panic-filled, troublesome mornings that we've all had...the kind that leave you wondering why you ever got out of bed in the first place......
It started off by me sleeping on the couch downstairs. You see I have to admit, if my husband has not informed you yet, that I have become one of the world's most obnoxious snorers. I am hoping it is linked to pregnancy and will dissolve after this baby is born. Not only does it affect Mike in a negative way (he usually ends up on the couch) but lately I have been waking myself up numerous times each night with a loud snort! So I decided in the middle of the night to remove myself (and the problem) from Mike who usually is the one who suffers sleep and I went to sleep on the couch. The snoring followed me of course and so I fitfully tossed and turned on a narrow space occasionally sleeping and just as often waking myself up with my snoring.
So that was the night leading up to my morning.
The morning came too early of course and left me racing off to work. I almost called in sick (I did have a headache from lack of sleep) but decided it was an easy day of workshops, so I had better just go.
After parking in the lot, I locked the car, grabbed my purse, and slipped and slid through the icy parking lot into the high school building where the workshops were being held. My first class that morning was a complete bore as it was an online program that he was explaining and the internet was down, so he pretty much told us we could do what we wanted for the hour. I ended up leaving. I figured I could at least take a nap in my car.
Well, I headed outside in the windy cold (without a coat as I had thought it would be warmer that day) only to find that I could not find my car keys. As I took everything out of my purse, not only were my fingers going numb but my feet were now completely soaked through. I had parked on a pile of snow and ice which had melted into a slush and soaked through my flimsy shoes.
To make all this worse, the Explorer has a key pad on the outside for just such emergencies but of course I couldn't remember the combination. I was really getting frustrated at myself at this point, but decided to walk around the outside of the vehicle and at least manually try each door to make sure it wasn't unlocked. As I did this, I slipped and fell on the ice, of course soaking the legs of my pants. Luckily, no harm done to my front side or the baby.
I was too cold and defeated to stay outside, so I headed back into the building to use the bathroom before I had another kind of accident with my pants and they really became soaked through. I then retraced all my steps throughout the building and the parking lot. About 45 minutes later I found the keys in some slush in the parking lot. They had fallen out of my purse. After I found them, I also remembered the combo to the key pad!
Seriously...
5 comments:
Oh, Jes! What a day you had!!! At least you found the keys. That would have be terrible if you lost them!!! I hope that today was better!
I wanted to cry with you when I read this!! Good thing you found them:)Hope you have a better day today!!
Hey girl!! I hate days like that. It's like something just isn't quite right from the get-go, and everything seems to go wrong from there! Anyhow, I pray the rest of the week makes up for the bad day. Love you!!
At least you didn't loose your riding lawn mower license or have the car decide to park itself down the road... :-)
Is that you, Robert? ;)
Post a Comment