Thursday, December 20, 2007

Oh Baby!

Ok, not every blog will be about my pregnancy and baby, but I am too excited not to write about this.
Mike and went to the appointment we had set up with the midwife, which I completely recommend even after only one visit! Seriously, there was such a difference in the amount of care and information we received in comparison to my first prenatal visit with a doctor. It was like night and day. For instance, the midwife was very easy to talk to and spent over an hour just talking with us and sharing a bunch of information on everything we could possibly want or need to know such as the fact that I am "special" meaning I have a rarer blood type (B-) which requires some different care throughout pregnancy and other interesting pieces of info....versus my last appointment with a doctor who seemed to say, “Get her in and out of here as quickly as possible!"
The midwife's excitement for us was apparent, and she even gave us the thrill of seeing an ultrasound which was "off the record" so we weren't charged for it. She said she just wanted to take a peek at the baby, which I think was her way of saying that she wanted to give us the chance to get a little more excited about what was going on inside, knowing that we hadn't done this yet. It was such a fun visit. So, we saw little Keezy moving it's arms all around, sucking it's thumb, and just hanging out. It was thrilling to actually be able to see this baby! So overall, I am very satisfied and secure with the decision to see a midwife versus a doctor throughout this pregnancy.

1 comment:

Mrs. Hawk said...

That's awesome! I'm so glad that you had a good experience!