Thursday, September 07, 2006

Married Life Is Grand

It may be funny that I am following the sex talk with saying that married life is grand....and yes the two do correlate, but besides that, I am just enjoying being married for all sorts of reasons.
1. I love sleeping over night in our home and not driving half-asleep to my parents at midnight.
2. I love that I have my own place to decorate without stepping on toes (Mike doesn't complain about not being able to decorating.)
3. Despite the business of life (and it has been crazy with the start of school and Mike's work schedule...2:00am yesterday morning!) we get to at least say hi to each other face to face each day!
4. I get to brush my teeth while looking in the mirror at my husband doing the same! (It's fun!)
5. I love that we can read the word together before bed.
6. Or sit down to a movie and not interupt anyone.
7. I love that my car insurance has gone down due to the family plan and Mike's good record.
8. It still is a thrill to roll the word "husband" off the tongue vs. boyfriend or fiance.
There are many more reasons...but I just wanted to update this page and say that I am enjoying married life and am truly glad to be where I am at in life right now!
P.S. As soon as I get some wedding pictures back, I will post a few! The wedding was a blast. I could do that day over again a few times and not get tired of it!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Hi Jes, It's Nikki again...I just linked to your blog from your myspace. :) I can totally relate to all those little reasons for loving marriage...isn't it the best?! Especially that "not having to drive home late at night" thing! :) Anyway, that was fun to read. Congrats again!

Jax said...

I am so happy for you! Yes, less than a week from now I won't have any more late night drives either to my place where I sleep alone. It is one of the things I am looking most forward to about being married - not having to say goodbye every night. And I'm looking forward to other stuff, too, of course! ;) I love you girl, and was so excited to be able to be in Minnesota for your wedding! Hopefully I will see you at Christmastime. Keep on smiling!