Yes, I had it...just a few minutes ago. The Sex Talk.
No, no...I know what you are thinking..."She's nearly 30 and doesn't know what sex is yet? How does that happen to a normal person?
I did have the talk...years and years ago...The kind where my nervous mom took me on a date for pie and casually slipped me a picture book that demonstrated scientifically of course how you have sexual intercourse, but my female mentor (and mother of 4) wanted to take me out to coffee for a date to specifically talk about all the unanswered questions I might have before I experience for myself. I completed appreciated her willingness to talk on this task and give a sister some help. But, I had no idea how uncomfortable that could be. Sitting across from her at the local Caribou, and feeling the sweat rolling down from under my arms to sit with my belt around my waist, I listened to my mentor explain from personal experience of what works, what doesn't, and what she and her husband specifically like. I think we both probably lost about the same amount of H2O due to excessive perspiration during this awkward and yet informative talk. As nervous as I was, I am so thankful for the openness of a friend that out of a commitment to my upcoming marriage would give a heads-up for my sake and sacrifice her own comfort. I am blessed by this event and it causes me to think of all the people who have sacrificed to pray for me and Mike, the upcoming wedding, and the future of our marriage. With God's grace and surrounded by good friends, Mike and my future is looking good!
3 comments:
I am so glad it went well!! God had very much blessed you with your friend and that talk. Thanks and Praise be to Him for that and so much more.
~Voges
I wish that I could have been a fly on the wall to see you squirm. Hee hee hee. Before Dave and I got married his mom told him to "Be gentle" HA HA. Gross. :)
JUST A FEW DAYS LEFT AND THEN THIS TALK WILL BECOME A REALITY!!!
Post a Comment