Thursday, April 20, 2006

Ain't life grand?

The last week or so has given me the kind of energy I remember having as a child. The sun and the warm weather seem to make people friendlier. I love when random strangers just smile at me for no reason other than to be kind and because they are having a good day and want to share it. I've been spending many recent afternoons/evenings running outdoors around Calhoun or Centennial Lakes loving this time of year. You know in this kind of weather I just won't be brought down...Nope, not even for things like the fact that the bridesmaid dress I bought for my sister's wedding a month ago is refusing to fit around my body. How did that happen? I'll be checking out Target's girdle section soon. Do they still really make those? Anyway...This weather really gives me this feeling that the future is something wonderful to look forward to in hope. I am excited for the weddings this summer, for the upcoming times with friends and their babies and babies on the way (congratulations Molly!). I'm looking forward to moving into a new home and decorating, into coming back to school this fall, the first time I get to return to my teaching job! I am looking forward to change, in myself (like getting in shape) and in whatever circumstances may come about, looking forward to summer and being with one of my favorite families' kids at the pool. Yes...life is good.

1 comment:

Mrs. Hawk said...

Well, it's been cold here in CA. So I am glad that you are having a great time in MN! Don't worry about the dress - as long as you're not naked, no one will care :) CONGRATS on going back to the same school next year! Whoo-Hoo!