Monday, October 03, 2005

Babies and more babies

I am in love with babies. Is this the season for them or what? I have never felt so enveloped with new life as I do now. I knew I would get to this stage in life but had no idea how it would feel-so breath-taking and yet scary. I'll admit it. I'm scared...really scared about the whole birth thing as well as the whole raising another person for not only this life but eternity. I'm already feeling the weight of the responsibilty with 5 close girlfriends all having babies in the last 4 months and 3 more yet to deliver the goods. I had the privledge? haha..yes it was an amazing privledge...to see the birth of one of these babies by video. I was partly in awe and truthfully partly on the floor in a near faint at how a woman can hold this person in her body and then actually proceed to make this little person a part of the rest of the world. I have to give credit to the astounding and strong women who have gone through this process! You are heroines to me. I am thankful for you going before me so that I may glean whatever helpful knowledge of this joyous and yet epic task of delivering and dedicating your life to another human being. I think I do want to do it someday.

No comments: