Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Cars


I have not written again for awhile, and so I feel the need to update no matter how bland my post may be...sorry in advance.


I thought I would write about the current situation surrounding our cars since there have been a series of events including all three vehicles within the last two weeks which at first glance seemed to be bad news but it has all turned out for good.


The first event we call "Roadkill" which involved the Explorer. It was one of the most exciting and most expensive ways to get to my parents' cabin but turned out to be a nice little story in the end. After killing a deer, being helped by a kind stranger, being towed (while riding in the Explorer on top of the tow truck by the way...scary!), and totaling and saying goodbye to our 1st Explorer, we ended up with another Explorer which looks almost identical but includes a third row of seats which we were wanting for our expanding family anyway...(yes...we are expecting another lil Kelehan if you didn't already know!) Maybe this isn't as boring a blog as I originally portrayed it to be huh? ;)


This leads to the second event which is all about the very old..ancient really...Pontiac Bonneville...who in it's day was the most reliable and solid of cars.....(not the rusting pile that our neighbors despise us for)....but in the time we needed it most (due to not having the second Explorer yet) it failed! Turned out the transmission just went out in it, leaving me stranded at home with Elli and Madison while Mike took his Honda to work. Well to make this very exciting story shorter...a good friend lent me their car for the week until we bought the 2nd Explorer and Kars for Kids allowed us to "donate" ha ha... the Bonneville and even came and picked it up for free!


The third and final event surrounds my dear husband's faithful '96 Honda Accord which despite it's failing looks really has been a sound car. It too gave us a fright this past weekend when we thought the timing belt was bad (which I guess is a big deal) but it turned out to only be a minor belt which Mike and his boss were able to fixed after work....I guess the positive spin to this story could be that Mike got to spend quality time with his boss... Ok, so that might be a stretch...but now we are back to good with one less vehicle but two that run!

No comments: