Tuesday, May 06, 2008

The Importance of Dates...

It is important to praise our husbands, and so I just have to take a minute to give "mad props" to Mike for being a wonderful husband. I have been worn out lately and have to admit letting a few things slide around the house such as dusting, laundry etc...Mike has been really great about picking up my slack without even being asked. Not only that but he decided out-of-the-blue to take me on a date last night so I wouldn't have to cook. We ate at a fancy restaurant called Fogo de Chão which was a fun experience. It is expensive, but it is such a unique dining experience and the food is so good, that it was worth it. It is an all you can eat Brazilian Steak house. Waiters come around to your table with 15 different steak and rib cuts of beef, pork, and chicken. You have a little green card that you flip up if you want them to keep coming, and you flip it over to red when you want them to stop. Besides this they have a large salad bar and they also bring unlimited cheesy bread, potatoes, fried bananas, and other side dishes. We both rolled out of there several pounds heavier than when we walked in and then went to see the movie "Ironman" which was actually quite entertaining. I would like to see it again even.
Anyway, all this to say that it was so nice to have a night out on the town, spent with my husband. I guess my point is that it is a much needed thing to have a date with a spouse every once in awhile as it seems bring back the romantic feelings of dating before we said "I do."
So thanks, Honey!

No comments: